PAC Meeting Minutes Sept 17, 2018

Daniel Woodward Elementary

Parent Advisory Council

Monday, September 17 meeting minutes

Attendees

Scott Plumb, Gina Mahil, Eric Dennis, Rebecca Dennis, Bonnie Tan, Lisa Wolchuk, Terry Tan, Farah Dhaliwal, Melody Lam, Minnie Song, Caroline Yuen and Cindy Kwan

Meeting called to order - 6:33 pm                                                                                                                                  

  1. Introductions: Welcome to all the new members!
  2. Principals Report
  • 6 divisions this year – down a couple of students from last year
  • Couple new staff
  1. Mrs. Burakaz replacing Mrs. Hasan
  2. Mr. Steven Greenfield
  • 1st P ‘n E – Wednesday, Sept 17
  • Author Michael Wade visit – intermediate divisions only – Thursday, September 20
  • Terry Fox run – Thursday, September 27
  • Upcoming Pro D days: 
  1. Monday September 24
  2. Friday October 19
  • Parent teacher meetings scheduled for October 17 and 18; early dismissal at 1:38pm both days
  • First staff meeting October 1
  1. Chair Report
  • No new items
  1. Treasurer’s Report
  • Gaming commission grant has been submitted
  • Keep field trip subsidy at $ 30.00 per student
  • White Hatter – do it again?  Discuss next meeting
  • Hot lunches last year yielded approximately $ 2000 in profit
  • Since 2014, PAC organized events have raised over $33 000
  1. Old Business
  1. Spring Fair Review
  • Easier in one room to manage people
  • Same amount of work to set up
  • General consensus is to have the same size event again this year

 

 

  1. New Business
  1. Halloween event
  • Maybe do Boovie Night again
  • Possibly add a haunted house or haunted hallway
  • Or a second movie to start
  • Event will take place on Friday, October 26 – time to be announced
  • Planning meeting set for Wednesday, October 10th, at 7:00 pm at Starbucks Ironwood Mall: Unit #9, 11660 Steveston Highway; all members welcome to contribute ideas, help with planning, sign up to volunteer, etc.
  1. Hot Lunch
  • Missing Lorna already
  • Melody is looking for a new lunch buddy
  • Vendors are raising prices – entertaining new vendor ideas
  • Schedule to be released later
  • Gina will check about RDPAC paid Foodsafe Certification Other Opportunities
  • Gina to bring info on “parents talk” to next meeting
  • Family Photo shoot
  • Didn’t happen last year
  • Bonnie is tabling the idea of doing it again this year
  • New vendor has been found - please see attached
  • M & M meats – Eric to ask about minimums and bring info to planning meeting on October 5.
  • Samosa fund raiser? Ideas? To be discussed next meeting
  1. Open Floor
  • Hector has been transferred to McRoberts. New custodian is Mrs. Shergill
  • No other items brought forward
  1. Meeting Adjourned - 7:49 pm

Future Pac Dates

  • October 22, 2018
  • November 26, 2018
  • January 28, 2019
  • February 25, 2019
  • April 16, 2019
  • May 27, 2019